Rusk city leaders to meeting Oct. 14
RUSK – A new officer for Rusk Police Department will be sworn in during a 5:30 p.m. Rusk City Council meeting Thursday, Oct. 14, at the Rusk Civic Center.
City leaders also will:
• Consider nominate for the Cherokee County Appraisal District Board appointment
• Consider/nominate director for the Cherokee County Electric Cooperative Association
• Discuss/consider the 2021-22 fee schedule
• Discuss/consider ordinance amendment to Chapter 92 – Cemetery
• Discuss/consider correcting the typo in the ordinance adopting the tax rate for fiscal year 2021-22
• Consider approving consent agenda
The agenda also notes that the council will meet in executive session to discuss legal matters and “releasing attorney bills without attorney general ruling for open records.” Action, if any, will be taken when the council resumes into open session, as per state government code.
Please support the Cherokeean Herald by subscribing today!