Summer food programs continues serving area youth
• RISD Child Nutrition Department is serving free lunches to anyone 18 years of age and under from noon to 12:20 p.m., Monday-Thursday, through June 20, at the G.W. Bradford Primary School campus, 440 Collins St., Rusk.
Weekly lunch menu is:
- Wednesday - Steak fingers, green beans, mashed potatoes, fruit variety, milk
- Thursday - Chicken nuggets, steamed broccoli, carrot sticks, fruit variety, milk
- Monday - Pizza, pinto beans, sweet potato fries, fruit variety, milk
- Tuesday - Corn dog, baked beans, corn, fruit variety, milk
• The Unity & Support organization is serving free lunches to all school aged children from noon to 1 p.m., Monday-Friday, through June 28 at Conley Park, 138 Reeder St., Rusk. This week’s menu includes:
- Wednesday - Turkey, ham & cheese wedge sandwich, cherry star juice, fresh fruit, milk
- Thursday - Turkey, ham & two cheese wrap, applesauce, fresh fruit, milk
- Friday - Turkey & two cheese wedge sandwich, Dragon Punch juice, fresh fruit, milk
- Monday - Italian combo wrap, applesauce, fresh fruit, milk
- Tuesday - Chicken, pepperoni & cheese sub sandwich, Cherry Star juice, fresh fruit, milk
• Alto ISD is serving breakfast and lunch to area children, ages 18 and under, Monday-Thursday, through June 27, at the Alto Elementary School campus, 244 CR 2429, Alto.
Breakfast will be served from 7:30-8 a.m.; and lunch will be served from noon to 12:20 p.m.
• Jacksonville Sweet Union Apartments’ summer food program is serving all area youth lunch from noon to 12:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, through June 28, at the apartment complex, 1011 N. Jackson St., Jacksonville.
• Free lunches will be served to all area school aged children from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday-Friday, through Aug. 16, at the WIC Clinic, 335 Neches St., Jacksonville.
• New Summerfield ISD is serving breakfast and lunch to area children, ages 18 and under, Monday-Thursday through June 27 at the school, 13307 State Highway 110 S.
Breakfast is served from 7-8:30 a.m.; and lunch is served from 11 a.m. to noon.
• The Fairview Community Center, 17053 CR 4247 W., Reklaw, is offering free lunch to area youth from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Monday-Thursday, through June 27.
Please support the Cherokeean Herald by subscribing today!